Monday, 19 February 2024

Christmas Greetings (December 2023)

I write this with the warmest wishes for a VERY Merry (or Happy!) Christmas, and with prayers that the coming new year will be one of deep joy and hope for you!

This year has been a very full one, with many gifts and graces, as well as some confusions and challenges. The various restructurings within Waverley Abbey Trust(WAT) are beginning to settle and we are slowly beginning the work of exploring how all the different “parts” work together (College, House & Estate for Events & Hospitality, Waverley Abbey Community(WAC) as a residential, ‘monastic’ community, and the developing House of Prayer Community and Events) in the outworking of the overarching vision.


I have now transitioned from doing childcare to trying to build a client base for my business, McLaren Massage, and am hoping to continue to see how that help provide a partial, at least, income. Unfortunately, so far it continues to be fairly inconsistent, so I’m also considering what other “patchwork pieces” I can draw from in finding the balance between “tent making” and ministry support!


At the end of August I was able to take a week with my Dad to explore and enjoy Northern Ireland, and then October was again full as we hosted our first 24-7 Prayer Week (24hrs/day x 7 days) at Waverley Abbey House, followed by the annual 24-7 Prayer Gathering, this year hosted by our friends the Loretto Movement, in Vienna. 


Throughout the Autumn and into November I have felt a bit of a shift approaching for myself, and have felt challenged to reassess the different things I do because I can, versus things that are “mine” to do in a more focussed sense.  This has led to conversations about both, how I might be able to begin getting more involved, on a more regular basis, with some of the networking, encouragement and pastoral care within the 24-7 Prayer Communities network, and also how I might be able to restructure some of my roles within the WAC to create more flexibility in how and where I can best help, support, equip, etc.  


These aspects feel more like “tweaks” rather than complete changes to things I’m involved with, but it also feels like it could, hopefully, be a significant shift in the ways and areas that I become involved with.  I’ll keep you posted as it all develops! ❤️


All that to say, I’m approaching Christmas and the end of the year in a hopeful place, and eager to grow in the ways in which I am best suited and equipped to serve and enable others.


I once again thank you for your ongoing support, whether that be through financial giving, prayer, or simply good conversations when we manage to see each other! 


Once again, wishing your the ‘merriest’ of Merry Christmases, 

No comments:

Post a Comment