Tuesday, 10 April 2018

March Update!


So time for another update!  March has been quiet but full, if that’s possible?   

Spring definitely “came in like a lion” this year, with snow falling regularly throughout the month, but aside from that life continued fairly normally.  Caribuni celebrated it’s 7th Birthday with a party, and then the following weekend we held our second 24-1 Prayer Event of the year, focussing on the Easter story and what it can mean for our daily lives.

Winter? Spring? But always puddles!! :)

Caribuni Geburtstag! Thank you's from the kids and a performance from the "Orchestra"

Easter 24-1Prayer Room

Shortly before this, I made the decision to head home to Canada for a visit in April!  It will be my Dad’s 80th birthday (go Dad!!) at the end of April which I had hoped to get home for, but until now the ticket prices were making it seem impossible, BUT, I “checked one more time” and...I get to GO!!!  So I’ll be home for 4 1/2 weeks, as of NEXT WEEK!!  (still trying to get my head around that!)

I’m so thrilled that I will get to celebrate this milestone with my family!

The rest of March and the beginning of April was mostly about Easter holidays and admin for the Mission Team that will be happening in June!  We’re very excited to now have a team of 7 people planning to come so, now that we’ve decided on the applicants we’ll be beginning to develop the schedule, activities, etc.

"The Ladies" - Frauentag (Women's Day) is celebrated on March 8, so we took the opportunity to go out for drinks and a catch up!

We have also had a Practicant begin a 6 week practicum with the Verein and are in the process of deciding if we’ll be able to have another one in the autumn, as well as planning on hosting a young couple for a few months in the summer, who want to explore the concepts of “new monasticism” and community living. 

At the end of April will be one of our bi-annual Community Weekends, where we take a weekend to retreat together, hang out, play, laugh and generally NOT do “Community Business”, but just celebrate our friendships and living life together.  Unfortunately I won’t be there this time because of being in Canada, but I’m sure that everyone will have a great time wherever we are!

Coming into May we will also be hosting a small group of leader’s from throughout Germany for a weekend, to talk about how 24-7 Prayer is developing in Germany, and how to connect with and support other prayer, justice and mission initiatives that already exist here..   

So that’s it for now, and as always, thank you for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment