ONE DAY MORE...(another day, another destiny...)
Right. So just a quick update today. A bit of a "last breath before the jump" kind of thing!
So my boxes are packed and shipped, most of the farewells given, and all that is left is a few last catch-ups, errands and packing, and then I'm off tomorrow! The past few days have been a bit "all over the place" emotionally and probably some of the hardest I've had through most of this transition so far. The reality of what I'm doing (moving to a place where I don't really know anyone, don't speak the language, don't know the culture, don't have an income) has been thumping down on me a bit, and I admit a lot of the "unknowns" have been threatening to overwhelm me!
On the flip-side of that though, has been a knowledge that I didn't actually come up with this idea myself, that God has been prompting and prodding me through this and that even while I can't see the "Why?" yet, I do feel as if he's sitting with a sly smile on his face saying, "Just wait...trust me...it'll be good, it'll be amazing, it'll be worth it". And alongside that I've also had good friends "grounding" me, encouraging me, loving me, praying for me, blessing me.
So that's it! Tomorrow morning I catch an early flight to Berlin, make my way across town and then catch a bus up to Neubrandenburg, my new home. I'll be staying with Ralf & Katarina Neumann for the first little while, while we try to sort the flat I'll be living in into a liveable state! (I think they've found a fridge for it! Now we just need lights, paint, a stove and a sink!)
I really am looking forwards to getting there and well, "beginning life" again, there. There is a part of all this that feels like I'm on "hold", and I am looking forwards to the "pause button" getting released and my learning curve beginning!
In the meantime, if I didn't get to see you personally to say "See you next time!", please take it from here and know that I value each and everyone of you who have actually read this! ;)
Tschüss! Bis Dann!
No comments:
Post a Comment