Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Once Upon a Time.......

Once upon a time there was a blog.......which lay fallow for several years, until one day, the author remembered it, turned it over and asked it to begin producing again!

That’s me!  As I begin to approach the departure date for my “European Walkabout”, I’ve remembered that I do, actually, have a blog(they were fashionable a few years back!), which I’m hoping will help me stay in touch with my various homes and hopefully, help me share some of the stories, adventures and/or insights I discover along the way!

Currently, I’m approaching my “Final Countdown” week (12 days still to go), and am mostly trying to sort out the “loose ends” of travel prep!  I’ve done my trial run on packing and think I’m going to be able to get everything into a small/medium (45L) backpack versus my big 65L backpack, although its going to be an incredibly tight squeeze!  I’ve stripped down pretty much everything I can think of, shrunk all my supplies down as small and light as I can and, in the process, am realising just how “not hard core” I seem to be! (after all, I MUST have room for my teddy bear!!!)

But, things are slowly coming together and while there are moments of sadness at the thought of leaving friends, “family” and home for a while, there are also building moments of excitement at the thought of “this is happening!!!” I feel a bit like a horse being led into the starting gate, things almost all ready and “set”, and then just waiting on “GO!”


So here’s to the “Final Countdown”!! :)

1 comment:

  1. So great! Thanks for letting us in on your adventure and deep and rich treasures, no doubt you'll encounter. Karin

    ReplyDelete