Tuesday, 15 September 2009

The Wind Beneath My Wings.....

Yes, it's the title of a cheesy 80's song.(or maybe 90's? When did Beaches, the movie, come out??) But it got stuck in my mind the other day.

I'm home, in Canada, for a few weeks. To visit family, attend a few weddings, etc. And so far I've had a wonderful time! But during it, going to church, watching friends commit themselves to each other, catching up with old friends with new stories, I kept finding that my heart would swell, lifted up by the immense amount of love that I have for these people, and because of their love for me.

And it struck me that these people make me who I am; without them I wouldn't exist. I would be a non-entity, an impression with no substance. These people, my friends, my family, my friends who are like family, their families, all of them, have helped define who I am and together allow me to become who I am becoming.

I'm off 'having adventures' in my life, and hopefully I always will be. But I realize more and more that the only reason I am able to 'take off and fly' is because of the knowledge that I have a host of people looking out for me, supporting me, loving me, missing me. Wow, I am so blessed.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment